Friday, November 25, 2011

changes in the beginning of the self

print this page Print 

When I was young and free,
And my imagination has no limits,
I dreamed of changing the world.

As I grew older ang wiser,
I discovered the world would not change.

So I shortened my sights somewhat,
And I decided to change only my country,
But ot too seemed immovable.

As I grew into my twilight years,
In one last desperate attempt,
I settled for changing only my family,
Those closest to me, but alas,
They would have none of it.

And now as I lay on my deathbed,
I suddenly realize.

If I had only changed my self first,
Then by example I might have changed my family,
From their inspiration and encouragement,
I would then have been able to better my country,
And who knows, I may have been change the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment