IS THE WORLD AWARE OF THE FACT THAT RMS IS A LEGITIMATE STATE?
“A FREE BORN PEOPLE ARE NOT REQUIRED TO SUBMIT TO TYRANNY”
Kantor Pusat/Head Office, “HOMELAND” Jalan Dr. Kayadoe, No. 71, Lrg. PMI Kudamati Ambon
Address in exile: 15538 Bellflower Blvd, Apt. B, Bellflower, CA 90706
Phone: 1 909 363 5677 1 909 363 5677 ; e-mail: email@example.com
SHALOM & WASSALAM
We the people of the Republic of South Moluccas want to deliver to the United Nations, the World Communities, the Kingdom of Netherlands and the Government of Indonesia the following petition:
1. The world community should admonish the Indonesian leaders that they do not recognize Indonesia’s sovereignty over Maluku.
2. The United Nations Commission on Human Rights and its Sub- Communications should, directly through specific resolutions and indirectly through the reporting of thematic rapporteurs, address the situation in Maluku, including the presentation of the numerous and serious human rights and humanitarian law violations perpetrated by the government of Indonesia and its military forces in Maluku.
3. The United Nations should address the situation in Maluku as one of a non-self-governing territory and should accordingly place Maluku under the trustee system of the United Nations until a plebiscite is held which determines the wishes of the Moloccan people.
4. The struggle of the South Moluccan people for the last 60 years which include the Transitional Government FKM (Front Kedaulatan Maluku)/ RMS that was established on December 18, 2000 in order to resist against Indonesia’s occupation, which was the manifestation of the RMS(Republik Maluku Selatan) government itself, proclaimed on April 25,1950 obviously need to be resolved by the International Court, because this dispute is an International case and the position of the Transitional Government of FKM/RMS/People’s struggle fall under the domain of international jurisdiction.
5. The United Nations International Human Rights & Political apparatus as an authoritative organization must demand the release of all RMS “prisoners of conscience” that are currently suffering from torture and other cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment inflicted by the government of Indonesia.
6. Promptly establish an International and independent investigative
team in the South Moluccas and the entire Moluccas territory.
7. The United Nations continue to put the RMS case in the back burner for the last sixty years and ought to reopen the case so it will be beneficial to its just owners.
8. The government and kingdom of the Netherlands should not wash their hands and are not immune from Her responsibilities and actions that lead to the suffering of the Moluccan people. Instead She needs to take the initiative and facilitate the return of RMS and restore its status to April 25, 1950.
9. The United Nations must facilitate or assist the progress of the RMS struggle that have been conducted with peace and tranquility thus complying with civil right laws granted by International law as well Indonesia’s own human rights law number 39, 1999.
10. Rather than carrying out their policy of “Final Solution” by annihilating
the Moluccan People, Indonesia should promptly establish practices
that is inline with civilized and courteous societies by implementing
initiatives that leads to a fruitful dialog with leaders of the FKM/RMS
The government of Republik Maluku Selatan was a legitimate government and was wrongly overturned by the government of Indonesia. The Moluccan people are entitled to the exercise of self-determination because this was explicitly granted them by history and express agreement of the governments of the Netherlands and Indonesia and acknowledged by the United Nations. The government of Indonesia illegally occupies Maluku and should withdraw its people and military forces immediately. The people of Maluku should be given the opportunity to reorganize their government in Maluku or, if it is their wish, to indicate by plebiscite or other means of free choice, their wishes for their governance. The government of the Netherlands and the United Nations as a whole should carry out initiatives to restore the right to self-determination to the Moluccan people.
On Behalf of MALUKU/ALIF’URU/INA
FKM – RMS
DR. ALEXANDER H MANUPUTTY
On April 12, 1966, at 01.00 AM Mr. Dr. Chr. R. S. Soumokil, President of the Republic of the South Moluccas (RMS) had been taken by the Indonesian Military from the condemned cell and transferred by motorboat to the island Obi in the archipelago Pulau Seribu (= thousand islands) at the north-west of the bay of Jakarta to be executed. Before the execution, Mr. Dr. Soumokil was given the opportunity to have a last prayer and Bible reading. The army-chaplain Souisa prayed and read a piece from the Bible for Mr. Dr. Soumokil. On April 12, 1966, one minute before 07.00am, Mr. Dr. Soumokil gave his last breath. He had been shot by the Indonesian firing-squad.